I - Executive summary
edited by Kostas Stergiou and Nicholas Polunin
2. What is a trophic level?
3. Estimating TLs
4. How should TLs be used?
5. Priorities for future research
II - Workshop communications
- Estimates of trophic level in the red mullet Mullus barbatus: a comparison
between gut-contents and stable-isotope data.
Fabio Badalamenti, John K. Pinnegar, Nicholas V.C. Polunin and Giovanni
- Zooplankton biomass and fish production in the Adriatic.
- On fishery status, the precautionary approach and sustainability: does
a role exist for «trophic level» reference points?
Joseph Catanzano and Stephen Cunningham
- Relations trophiques et peche en Algerie.
- «Pandora´s Box» in fisheries: is there a link between
economy and ecology?
M. L. Coelho
- Biological reference points and natural temporal variability in Mediterranean
- Influence of fishing on the trophic structure of fish assemblages in
Mediterranean seagrass beds.
- Fishing effects on trophic structure of rocky littoral fish assemblages.
- Tuna purse seine fisheries and their offshore pelagic ecosystems.
F. MŽnard, F. Marsac, and A. Fonteneau
- The deep-sea fishery of the Balearic Islands and the trophic level of
the exploited resources.
Beatriz Morales-Nin, Joan Moranta, Nicholas VC Polunin, Enric Massuti,
and Joan Cartes
- State of Mediterranean resources in relation to their sustainable management
within the «Precautionary Approach to Fisheries». Recent initiatives
and proposals to fill the gaps.
- Ecosystem management and sustainable fisheries: implication on marine
Costas Papaconstantinou and Mary Labropoulou
- Approaches for dealing with three sources of bias when studying the
fishing down marine food web phenomenon.
Daniel Pauly and Maria Lourdes Palomares
- Classification of the stocks according to their exploitation status.
The case of the data-poor stocks.
- Trophic-level dynamics inferred from stable isotopes of carbon and nitrogen.
Nicholas V.C. Polunin and John K. Pinnegar
- Fishing down the marine food webs in the Hellenic seas.
K.I. Stergiou and M. Koulouris
- Assessment of the ecological footprint of fishing in the Catalan central
coast (NE Spain).